Friday

Let me just begin by saying that yeah, it certainly is a shame that the Fireside Bowl isn’t doing shows anymore. My friends and I had been going there for the better part of ten years and have seen tons of bands that we love there and it will be missed. But that Logan Square Auditorium. How I love thee. It’s friggin’ classy, roomy, and even though I had heard that the sound wasn’t great, I thought I was excellent last night. Even on the stage. I had a big monitor right next to my face and every thing came through rather nicely. We had a blast. It was a totally great night. Hanalei was just awesome.
High and Lowlights:
[my next band name: High and the Lowlights. Or maybe Lowlifes. Nevermind. I hate it already.]
1. :) Walking into Logan Square Auditorium for the first time. Never been there before. Isn’t that sad?
2. :( Loading in up 3 flights of stairs.
3. :) The grilled cheese w/ tomato and a cup of coffee at the short order place on the corner before the show.
4. :) Going up to the “green room” and eyeing a huge trough full of ice, bottles of water, and Budweiser.
5. :( Going up to the “green room” after our set and eyeing a huge trough full of ice and bottles of water.
6. :) Receiving post-set compliments from Dan Andriano. Even if he was just saying stuff, the courtesy was appreciated.
7. :) Watching Report, Hanalei, and Dan Andriano while sipping purchased Budweiser in a can.
8. :) My strategic marketing ploy of the evening: Buy a Hanalei CD, get a Hirudin free. We have too many.
9. :( Kyle’s battery died while loading in. We were stranded with all our gear until almost 1am waiting for AAA. I’m glad our faces didn’t melt off trying to jump the battery. That would have sucked.
10. :) The crap load of people that showed up. I think that was the largest show that we’ve played to date. I thought it went really well. I really needed a fun night out like that.

There’s a Halloween party starting up here in the office. I’m going to attempt to avoid it by going outside for a cigarette now.

To everyone I told last night that it was my last night smoking:
I’m only finishing the pack from last night. Why waste?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*