Wednesday

oh my god. i've felt down before, a lot in fact, but these past few days have been in a category of their own. have you ever felt like something is keeping you in place, no matter how hard you try to get out of a rut in your life? i swear i try and try, and i'm still here. kinda reminds me of the time i was dating this girl in Arizona. Laurie. we went camping in Flagstaff in my new pick-up. the morning we were to leave it had rained. and rained. and rained. my truck sank about a foot into the mud, and no, i didn't get the 4 wheel drive option. three hours of her yelling and my ingenuity and we were finally on our way. so...that isn't like now, because i'm not on my way...
whatever.
damn. maybe i should get back on the medication. anti-depressant city.
i'm not at my 2nd job today because i called off. i just couldn't hack it today. this morning at SB I got into a huge argument with a customer over whether or not her drink was made with sugar-free syrup. i said that it was and she wanted the full sugar. so i made a comment that could have been and was taken as slightly sarcastic and she just lost it. way over the top like. and so i retaliated. as much as i could while attempting to stay in the SB boundaries at least. ugh. i cannot believe that i have to put up with this. like i've said before, i'm just not a people person. i mean well, but just because i don't act like i've been your buddy for years and hand you your latte tends to put people off. guess what? so what.
so right now i'm sitting here listening to Bruce Springsteen Nebraska that my friend Josh was kind enough to burn for me, and putting away a few Old Style's. too early shmearly. the BS is quite good by the way. har. i'm just going to do this, with my shirt off, and seriously contemplate my current life situations. something has to change and soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

My sympathies and empathies.
Depression + retail jobs suck. And, really, which came first? Chicken or the egg.
Next time, scald the mouth-breather with her latte!
Good luck.

10:14 PM  
Blogger mallen said...

i appreciate the symathetic comments. it's definately not a fun thing to deal with. i am heading out to the Dr. in a half hour though. damn, sorry for murking it up 'round here. on a lighter note, i'll have you know that there is a Blue Ball Rd. in Elkton, MD.

12:28 PM  
Blogger plastic passion said...

Hey...hope things are looking up a bit. As someone who just recently went on anti-depressants, i feel your pain.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*