Friday

Occasionally, or more than, I tend to give the bar the old visit-a-roo.
Visit-a-roo?
Whatever.
You get the point. Last night I asked Jason for a pen and began blogging via napkin. In doing so I realized that it was a good idea because it turns out kind of funny, plus a cute girl thought I was writing poetry. I detect an angle.
Anyway, here's one from last night. Verbatim from the nappie-nap.

This dude just parked his ass up to the bar all suave and debonair style. Greasy curly hair and European clothing. He then stated in Italian that he required a beverage. My friend Jason is the bartender. American. Beer-lovin'. Bass rock-playin'.
[sip] [damn. that girl is hot.] [oh no, she just asked for 2 red-headed sluts (headshake).]
He comes up and asks for some fancypants beer with an edge like "I'm European and you're not!" then looks over his shoulder then back at the bartender and says, sans accent and in a quieter tone, "Can you put this on Shelly's tab?"


After all of this I remember having a very intense argument with the guy who owns Exile, the movie/"record" store down here on the topic of analog vs. digital. For over an hour. I think we even got personal a few times. I'd expand on the argument, but I have to:
1. install car stereo
2. do some campsite recon for Tuesday evening.*
3. laundry
4. work
5. drive to Chicago for the weekend.

* I'm going to bring the camera along so I can post some stuff here. I may be able to put up a little wmv file. A film clip would be sort of cool up in here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*