Monday

Chrk.


So, other than waking up my roommate sleeping on the kitchen-dining-livingroom floor by grinding up coffee to the tune of Jackyl's "LumberJack Baby", I've begun restoring this sweet mother-f-er. I've been traipsing around online this morning doing detective work to find out the history of this kit. Thanks to a law passed in '63, Ludwig started putting serial numbered badges on all drums produced after that year. I searched and found a site that compiled tons of serial numbers and came up with a chart. It just so happens that I've got a Ludwig kit here that was made in July/August of 1965, during the Ludwig mass production brought on by the Beatles Ed Sullivan Show appearance when Ringo had "Ludwig" printed on his kick drum front. Everyone wanted Ringo's kit. I want Ringo's kit. That is all. No wait. I am feeling a bit giddy right now. That is all. Chrk. J.T. McNugent, over and out. Chrk. Chrk. That was the last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*