Monday

Tyler? :crunch: :crunch: "Who is this?"

Last night I was watching Band of Brothers, the first episode, as I intend to catch as many episodes as possible this week on the History Channel, and my phone kept ringing. First it was Emily. Then it was my Dad. Then it was my Dad 3 times within 15 minutes. Then it was Emily again. I should probably explain that I, under rare circumstances EVER pick up my house phone. I just do not like it. Call me strange, call me paranoid, call me Sarah. Just don't call my house. And I was only kidding about calling me Sarah. Don't call me that, either. Um...
Yeah. Next, my cell was ringing from both parties over and over. I reluctantly decided to pick up and it was my Dad. "Do I have your correct address?" "It's the one on Belmont, right?" "Yeah." "So, If I send something to this address, it WILL get to you?" "Um...yeah..." I began thinking, "What could my Dad be sending?" My birthday is just over a week away. Knowing my Dad, it could be anything from some cash to moonshine to himself standing at my door going, "Hey, son!" "Where's the beer?!" Which would be a good time seeing as how my Dad is the funniest person that I know. The curiosity is killing me. Emily called back and I picked up. Let me make this clear. I'm not trying to avoid her by any means. I just do not enjoy telephone conversations that much. They feel really disingenuous and businessy to me because I can't see who I'm speaking to. My rule of thumb is basically, make your points and hang up. This will prove to be a challenge for Emily and I seeing as how she lives in Champaign while attending the U of I.
(I'm a rhymer. It's what I do.)
(The ADHD kicks in.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*