Friday

It is official. The 10 year loop has been connected at last. You see, there was a time, about 6 years ago, I was living in Arizona. Tempe to be precise. My drum kit was stacked away in my closet and my days consisted of skateboarding, going to school, and working my crappy job at UPS. I was deep into my Braid/Promise Ring/Polyvinyl phase and was yearning to be in a band again and play. I missed playing drums so so much. I often remembered the time in 1994 when the Chicago-based pop-punk band I was in played the Fireside. It was an often revisited subject during the beer and BBQ sessions we'd have. (My buddy Jason lived out there too. He was the singer.) We had decided at that point to try and start a band in AZ. We played a few shows and recorded a bit, but we were horrible. And we knew it. I just kept thinking, " I need to move back to Chicago for this to work.", and I made a solemn promise to myself that I had to play the Fireside Bowl again before I turned thirty. Done. Check it off, motherfucker. I feel like I took life into a headlock and gave it a noogie, a wedgie, and a wet willie or any other off-kilter body trick/stunts that are out there. Last nights show was really cool. The bands were all good and a reaonable amount of people showed up to get their haircuts flipped upside down. Thank you to everyone who came out and to Swimmer Missing, Black Giraffe and Cat On Form. Everyone was fantastic. Oh, and to the cute girl from the UK with the Hirudin button on her bag. Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*