Saturday

Have I mentioned how much I miss having internet access at home? Sure, I got used to not having heat, hot water, cable, or a home phone but internet to me is a life line of sorts. I need it like Bill Cosby needs those outlandish sweaters. "It's a Cosby sweata!" Soon. Because remember last week when I semi-politely asked the Overlord of Screwover to get lost? Well, apparently he/she's done just that! Things in my life are on a dramatic upswing now and here's why:
1. The Schuba's show was great. The entire night totally blew my expectations right out of the water. Thanks for coming out Jenn & N., Jason, Mike, Joy, Billy, Peit, Sally, Betsy, Vicky the Terminator, April and co. and everyone else that showed. Chalet Chalet and the PTG guys were all really cool. If what Kyle is proposing for October actually becomes confirmed, you may hear giddy little school girl style giggles coming from...
2. My new apartment! Yeah! Next Friday I'm moving in and I'll be living by myself for the first time since Dallas in 1999. I am truly excited. The rent is cheaper than my current rent AND gas and heat are included! Rock. It's also right in the vicinity of where I wanted to move. Logan Square, ya'll. I finally get to leave yuppieville. I can't handle too much more of Lakeview. Prada + baby strollers the size of SUVs with options many of my old cars didn't have = Michael's annoyance. Anyway, I'll be able to get internet access, a couch, a coffee table, a laptop and an Ipod (finally), and food that doesn't come from work with...
3. My new raise. Unexpected to say the least. Kick major arse. I knew that when things get crappy that they always tend to work themselves out. What I wasn't suspecting was that they would all work themselves out in the same day! Incredible. Maybe my mood can finally begin to lighten up 'round these parts.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*