Monday

No, it wasn't fun. In fact, it was dismal. Ah, the Mutiny. Feeding us beers, making us play in the dark, letting us hear nothing. Ugh, fucking brutal. Mallen & Michael were loaded, I was pretty tipsy, and just before we start playing, Mallen asks Girgis, "How does 'Ashtray Monument' start?" He wasn't alone. As I stood, waiting for every to be ready to go, I worried briefly that I would have no idea how to play any of our songs. Of course, I remembered how we played them. I just couldn't see the goddamn fretboard. T-minus like 3 weeks until Schuba's. We have to be musical ninjas by then.

But! I picked up the mastered copy of the record. It sounds awesome...but the songs are in the wrong order. D'oh! We shall listen to it on the way to Great America tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*