Sunday

Holiday Road

I cannot get enough of this lovely weather we're having in Chicago. Your sarcasm detector should be reading a steady zero. I'm seriously loving all of the rain and thunderstorms. It's my favorite time of year. Perhaps I should be living in the northwest. I could see that. Maybe someday when I can afford to buy some land and a cabin in the woods. There will be campfires ragin' every night to get cozy with and enjoy nature's silence. Then to tip the scale, loud rock and roll in the basement recording studio I will build. Of course this will take money, and as of right now I have none. It'll be a big change from where I live now. Everyday. Almost like clockwork, we have a mixed bag of highly annoying and loud ambulances, fire trucks, drunk bums yelling at their drunk bum buddies about who gets to push the cart around, large garbage cans full of beer bottles being emptied into the dumpster right downstairs from our window (we never have to take out the trash. We can drop it from the window straight into the dumpster. Yeah.) by the 4 bars within 15 feet of my front door. Sometimes the crowdedness of the city really bothers me. And sometimes it doesn't.
For the last few years my annual vacation consisted of going camping in the Smoky Mountains for a couple weeks. This year...Urbana Il. Woo hoo! There will be no camping obviously. Though I will be seeing Braid's first show since the break up. You see when they were playing the last few shows, I was stuck in Dallas with no money and no way to get to Chicago. I was heartbroken. So this show means a hell of a lot to me. Is anyone else reading this going? Drop me a line. Plus, I get to hang out with Emily, Jason, Roy, and a bunch of other folks I haven't seen in a while. Oh, and I don't have to work for 6 days. That's friggin' cool.
On another note, (hee) our record is almost done being mixed. Maybe when we get a copy of the master I could get Kyle to post a track or 2 on the Hirudin page. I can't wait to hear it.

I've been listening to this a little bit. Even though I don't support Tower Records, and the fact that Steve Jones talks way too much, they actually play some good music. Last night I heard Sonic Reducer from the Dead Boys.

Hirudin also has a Friendster listing. Let's be friends. Let's befriend. Search under booking@hirudin.net. Now I'm going to attempt to put a new banner at the top of this page. I wish I really knew how to use Photoshop.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://mrhgpsie.com/qlfx/mdeb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fkcvbfmf.com/bemn/zult.html]Cool site[/url]

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://mrhgpsie.com/qlfx/mdeb.html | http://qkxrtaoy.com/jyws/njpe.html

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*