Friday

something old, something old.

Here's a question for you. Why do I love really old stuff? Am I like a junior antiquing nerd? Over the past few weeks I've purchased an old telephone lamp, the kind with the separated earpiece and when you pick up the talkie part the light turns on. I totally dig it. It lights the little hallway just outside of my bedroom. Then I had to buy the creepishly old silver tray to put in front of the lamp. That's where my keys and stuff go when I walk in the door. Then there's the speedster. Just a kick ass bike. And just the other day I bought an old Timex from a thrift store that looks to be from the 40's or 50's. I wonder if I can find a battery for it cause I really wanna wear it. Ok, so I've been wearing it anyway. So what. Then there's the Ludwig Ghost kick drum pedal, which I actually picked up over the summer and basically wore out. I think it's the same pedal Buddy Rich used to use. I love Buddy Rich. I really dig the old jazz drummers. They really knew how to tear it up. I think I'm going to go listen to one of those records in the front room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*