Thursday

imdb link overkill

Last night after practice I came home to realize that my roommate and I had watched all the movies rented a few days prior, with the exception of a documentary on Hitler's secretary. It seemed like it was going to be good, but I just couldn't sit through a German subtitled conversation with an old lady. One of the films we watched was an insanely sappy love story entitled All the Real Girls. If you're up for a surprisingly good and sappy movie, check it out. There are also a few parts that were so oddly funny that we just died cracking up. Very weird yet very good. Melvin Goes to Dinner was pretty decent. I needed to see it just because of the Bob Odenkirk and David Cross affiliation. The writing of true to life type angles and situations was really really good though.
So last night I decided to run over to Hollywood Video, what -it's cheap, and I picked up some good ones. Weekdays are the best days to go. Only they were out of School of Rock. Jack Black cracks me up. Anyway, I ended up getting:
1. Levity
2. The Emperor and the Assassin
3. Matchstick Men Sam Rockwell and Nick Cage. Very good film, even though I figured out the story within the first 20 minutes. I hate when that happens.
4. The Last Minute
Most of these decisions were based on trailers from previous rentals. I've been making it a point to watch all of the trailers to inspire future rentals. I'm probably the only person on earth who hadn't already done this, but I feel like I've discovered a perpetual movie selection this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*