Thursday

just blabbering

So in addition to trying to quit smoking, which hasn't been very successful, although I have cut down, I've been eating a lot healthier. I figure If I'm going to workout and all I might as well go for the whole 9. What's with this self-improvement kick I've been on lately? It sort of came out of nowhere. Well, that's not completely true, I guess. I think it's an off shoot from my New Years resolutions that became embedded in my brain and manifested themselves on their own. Which is good because I would have let myself slide. Hold on...I gotta go make some more coffee...
ok. I also want to get new specs 'cause I'm sick of the one I'm wearing. I could break out the ol' birth control glasses. But they worked way too well. Yeah. New ones, definitely. I like going to the eye doctor. The machine that shoots air into you eyes always freaks me out though. I think it's the anticipation of the short jolt of air, like someone is holding a non-loaded bb gun to your optical cavity that's the worst. I just tense up and say "do it. do it to it!"
As far as smoking goes, there's a guy who comes into the store everyday who has been off cigarettes for over three weeks. The patch. He says he's tried the gum, which I've been using sometimes, and says it's a joke.hmmmm. He smoked for 15 years. Then I spoke with the landlord of the Starbucks, who must be 65+. He said he smoked for 50 years then quit. Just like that. Just stopped. I admire those old men who are just cut and dry like that. They see a problem, choose a solution, and that is that. Move on. I need to be more like that. Then there's my friend Ralph Macchio, who is going to a hypnotist to become a non smoker. $175 and supposedly you never want to smoke again. Supposedly you even feel like you never ever smoked. If it works for her, I just may fork over the bread myself.
I'm so glad the gym is only a block from my apartment. I'm going to go and sit in the sauna for a while because my body hurts. And I have to close tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*