Monday

it was movie night

Last night I decided to get some movies and tune out the drama going on in my own life. I figured I could watch someone else's and do the whole relating to characters thing. The one movie I wanted was out. ON VHS and DVD. Lost in Translation. I've seen the first 20 minutes three times and the DVD player in the front room freezes, skips, and mumbles something in Yiddish. So I walked the store and picked up VHS copies of American Splendor, which I liked. Paul Giamatti has some freakish charm that I just like. I also picked up Owning Mahowny starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I was pretty good, apparently based on a true story about a banker embezzling funds to feed a gambling addiction. Then a film called Dummy with Milla Jovovich. She has always been incredible but the fact she played a rock and roll chick made her even more ....amazing. Her character was far right on the tomboy and not enough left of the sweetheart. Still she gets away with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*