Friday

I've been really not liking being single lately. Sometimes I dig it. Sometimes I don't and when I don't, I tend to wallow in the loneliness. I've had a few dreams lately in which I ended up calling Emily and reconciling that old thing. In the dream it was cool and I got that 'whew! everything is ok again' feeling and then wake up to 'no! you know that would not be a good idea' and be relieved that I was only dreaming. Then check my cell to make sure I didn't sleep call, which I have been suspect to a few times. Apparently, I tend to talk a lot in my sleep and reveal true thoughts and feelings because the information filter is busy counting sheep. That and speak in apparently made up languages. I know that is creepy.
Last night, roommate out of town and all and with the house to myself, I was in a particularly gloomy lonely blah mood I decided to experiment. Since I never saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind all the way through, (I have a tendency of knocking out before a film is done) I decided I'd watch it and breath new life into my waning Kate Winslet obsession. The crush is back on.
experiment:
Firstly, I put Eternal Sunshine in the DVD player and pressed Play.
Secondly, I decided to smoke some of them tweeds.
Next, I ate pizza and continued watching.
I made it through the film at this point, and feeling very good about how the experiment was to go from here. So I repeated the first two steps, only this time instead of watching the film, I put the surround sound speaker under the couch pillow and turned off the tv and went to sleep to the audio. My thinking was that I'd have some kick ass dreams. When I woke up this morning I could only recall one particular instance where I had successfully transported myself into the movie and that was the beach house scene where Kate breaks in and starts looking for booze. Then suddenly we were in Steve Zissou's yellow submarine from The Life Aquatic and that's all I remember. That and Kate calling me a nerd. I suspect that if more of them tweeds were involved, the outcome would have been more detailed. Clearly, my methods of experimentation are steeped in attractiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*