Monday

just another manic monday

Working for Starbucks has it's good points, but the ever-changing schedule can be a drag. This has been the first weekend in ages that I actually had the entire weekend off. A lot was accomplished. Hmm....I feel a list coming on....

1. Woke up bright and early Saturday (I rescheduled) and missed a bus and a train by literally 3 seconds, each, on my way to school for the Child Psychology exam that I had not studied for. Took exam. Received a B. Received a check for a grand...I'm not kidding.
2. Took the big metal peebox back home and had coffee in prep to switch practice spaces. This only took a few hours and was nothing but fun. We were the first band to move in to the new place, still covered in sawdust and 99% empty rooms. We checked out all of the other rooms and we got the coolest one, thanks to advance planning from Kyle. Also moving in were For All I Care whom we played with at Subterranean a couple of weeks ago. I also saw the (ex?) husband of a girl I had dated recently...apparently he doesn't know anything about me because he didn't punch me in the face. What was he doing there? I didn't think that he even played in bands anymore...
3. After the haul, Kyle and I cruised over to cheeseball central, also known as Guitar Center, where I looked around the drum department at all of the gear, fully understanding exactly how dangerous I was considering the totally non-expected arrival of my student aid check. Had I received three grand, I would be the proud owner of a Drum Workshop Collectors Edition Vintage Jazz/Rock kit. Someday soon....It will be mine....
I did end up purchasing a new kick drum pedal, which is going to rock. I haven't used it yet but I already love it.
4. Came home and had more coffee. My roommate and I decide to cruise over to Roscoe Village thrift. The place was packed with white trashy folk. One of whom was yelling, "Maw! Maw! You got a penny?" Then the mother replied proudly as if she were saving the day, "Yep, I got a penny. I sure do." Then there was some guy wearing an upside down visor, an extreme fashion faux pas by any standard, (and I won't even get started on his acid glacier washed skin tight jeans) who proudly let the entire first floor of the store know of his apparent flatulence issue.
He was farting. He was farting really loud.
I ended up purchasing a cool jacket.
5. Next we hopped over to Hard Boiled where almost everything that I was looking for had been sold out and won't be back in until today or Tuesday. I did pick up Spoon-Kill the Moonlight and am currently playing track 2 over and over again. I also had to make yet another replacement purchase of Fugazi 13 Songs. I hate replacement purchases. I need to quit lending records and cds out.
6. Sunday morning my roommate and I headed over to the Ark thrift on Lincoln with the intentions of finally buying a couch for the apartment. We came out of the store with 2 bicycles instead. Here is my new ride. Yes. She is beautiful. Here is my roommates fancy new bike. We spent a couple hours listening to the new cds and cleaning and fixing up the bikes in our front room. Then we took them for a spin. I think that mine is faster. Just because it’s red.

There was more to fit into this timeline that included drinking and the wasabi-eating contest of which my sinuses are non-forgiving. We still have a ton of it in the fridge. I won’t be touching any of it. Not for a while at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*