Wednesday

bus no bus

On my way to practice last night, I got off the bus near Western and Grand. I began the walk from there. Let me say first and foremost, that rabid dogs freak me out. The incessant barking is K9 lingo for "I'm gonna take a huge chunk out of your ass cheek if you don't get off of my master's property." And I can understand this. But I have to go down this alley. When I step upon the said property, the dog is on top of the not so high roof. I feel strange that I'm expecting a dog to hop DOWN off the roof to attack. Falling dogs. Go figure. There's a rain joke in there somewhere.
On the way home I made it down to the Belmont bus. I really contemplated just walking the mile or so home but I figured I'd just wait. The bus would probably be along any minute. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Did the Belmont bus employ the use of the same large spring as the Ashland bus? No. It finally showed after 20 minutes. I could have been home already if I had walked. I step on the bus and took a seat. Just then the bus driver turns off the bus and restarts everything. I guess they do that in order to reboot the talkie "I'm the boss of you." bus computer. It didn't seem to be working, so he tried it again. At this point everyone on the bus was growing a bit upset at the delay, as was the red SUV waiting rather impatiently behind our bus. The SUV decided to go around the bus and hang a right in front of the bus just as be began to finally cross western. Bam. Bus stops. Everyone gets off. We wait for the next bus. No one was injured, but the bus driver seemed to be having the worst day. Just as the drivers began the accident formalities, the bus computer exclaimed, "Thank you for riding the CTA. If you have any comments or problems, call..." and stated the phone # to report anything. Poor bus driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*