Friday

yesterday: a focus

1. Ate a doughnut on a bus
2. Blurted out a "sentence" that made absolutely no sense, only to receive the all too familiar blank stare. I have no clue what a martillian is. It's only fiction, folks.
3. Dropped my cd player, for the third time yesterday, while getting off the bus. My attention was split between analyzing a Wrens song and the delicious previously mentioned doughnut.
4. Completely finished a five page essay in under an hour. I heart double-spacing.
*5. Became alarmingly convinced that after half an hour waiting for the Ashland bus, that the only explanation for the almost daily 20+ minute waiting period is that the #9er must lift off with rocket boosters, travel directly over my stop, descend and then land at the very next one. These new bus routes are for the birds. he he.
6. Made and sipped a raspberry latte. I knew only then that I was having a very off day. What was I doing? Raspberry latte?
7. Became very intrigued by Explosions in the Sky.
8. Found out that Kyle got to interview Sleater-Kinney yesterday before practice. I am very jealous seeing as how I've had a crush on Carrie Brownstein for some time now. Too bad she doesn't like boys. Which reminds me, a certain Ms. Kristen needs to return One Beat and All Hands on the Bad One...I miss them.
9. Found out that J Church is coming to town. I'm seriously freaking out over this. I haven't seen them since '94. I love love love J Church. Now that Adam Pfahler from Jawbreaker is the drummer...Let's just say Lance Hahn + Adam make Mikey happy. Don't get me wrong, I still dig the other thirty some-odd drummers J Church has had. Can't wait.

* After a great deal of thought on the subject, I may have been inaccurate in my determination that rocket boosters are being used in the "skip-my-bus-stop" agenda of the CTA. I'm now suspecting they might be employing the use of a very large spring...capable of slinging a bus over three stops at a time. This way I won't catch even a glimpse of the bus coming or going. Paranoid, what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*